Your job today is to praise your dog. Science proves that they love it. On to music news for August 8, 2020–and there’s a lot to talk about today.
- Coronavirus update 1: Paid streaming is up as people go back into lockdown.
- Coronavirus update 2: Music festivals are now cool in Quebec.
- Coronavirus update 3: Speaking of live music in Canada, here are how some venues are adapting.
- Coronavirus update 4: And how bad was it for Live Nation in the second quarter of 2020? This bad.
- Coronavirus update 5: The Foo Fighters have officially canceled their Van Tour of North America.
- Little Steven has some advice on how to save rock’n’roll.
- HOW MUCH can you make on TikTok? Jeezus.
- John Legend has some insight into Kanye’s presidential campaign.
- Meanwhile, Kanye has confessed to this scheme.
- Want: Special 50th anniversary edition of Black Sabbath’s Paranoid.
- America is finally getting on the Eurovision bandwagon–except that it’s going to be an America-only event.
- These could be the 25 most controversial songs of all time.
- Gotta try this: Miles Davis’ famous chili recipe.
- Frank Zappa is finally getting a documentary.
- The whole thing with TikTok in the US is…complicated. Donald Trump’s move to ban the app has some music industry repercussions, too. If TikTok does sell, the price might be US$30 billion. News here and here.
- Here’s the story of how The Office told an Eddie Money joke that cost the show US$60,000.
- This new Toronto skyscraper might